UConn runs roughshod over VillanovaJan 14, 2012 - 9:38 PM Villanova, PA (Sports Network) - Tiffany Hayes totaled 22 points -- 14 of those in the first half -- as No. 3 Connecticut posted a 72-49 victory over Villanova on Saturday afternoon.
Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis added 16 points and Kelly Faris posted 11 for the Huskies (14-2, 4-1 Big East), who have won five of six.
Rachel Roberts scored 16 points with four assists for the Wildcats (11-6, 2-3), who received nine points from Lindsay Kimmel in defeat.
Connecticut shot almost 56 percent from the field in the first half and amassed a 37-26 edge.
UConn then used a 12-3 run early in the second half to turn a five-point margin into a comfortable double-digit edge.
- CONNECTICUT: 72
Jan 14 3:47 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 37
Jan 14 2:48 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 14 2:07 PM
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2