UConn dominates North CarolinaJan 17, 2012 - 2:30 AM Connecticut destroyed 24th-ranked North Carolina, 86-35, on Monday.
Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis posted 15 points and six rebounds while Tiffany Hayes added 13 points and seven boards for the Huskies (15-2), who have won three straight since losing in overtime to Notre Dame on January 7.
Tierra Ruffin-Pratt scored nine points and pulled down eight rebounds for the Tar Heels (12-5), who have dropped their past three games.
Thanks to shooting 52.6 percent in the first half, while holding North Carolina to just six baskets on 27 shots, the Huskies had a 51-16 lead at halftime and continued to build on their advantage in the second half.
It was the worst loss in school history for North Carolina.
- NORTH CAROLINA: 35
Jan 16 8:48 PM
- NORTH CAROLINA: 16
Jan 16 7:49 PM
- NORTH CAROLINA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 16 7:03 PM
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2