No. 3 Connecticut rolls past CincinnatiJan 20, 2012 - 4:46 AM Storrs, CT (Sports Network) - Tiffany Hayes scored 17 and grabbed seven rebounds, as No. 3 Connecticut rolled past Cincinnati, 80-37, on Thursday.
Stefanie Dolson added 14 points and eight boards for the Huskies (16-2, 5-1 Big East), who pushed their NCAA-record home winning streak to 96 games.
Dayeesha Hollins paced the Bearcats (9-9, 0-5), losers of four straight, with 18 points.
The Huskies have won four straight since a January 7 loss to Notre Dame and weren't threatened on Thursday. They held a 17-13 lead midway through the first before closing the half on a 25-6 run.
Dolson led a balanced first-half effort with eight points, as all five Connecticut starters scored, leading to a 42-19 advantage at the break.
The lead reached 30 less than three minutes into the second, as the Huskies cruised down the stretch, shooting 55.2 percent from the field over the final 20 minutes of play. They improved to 13-0 at home this season.
The Bearcats had held all but two of their opponents under 70 points entering Thursday, but where overwhelmed by a Connecticut attack which knocked down 33- of-63 shots and handed out 17 assists.
- CINCINNATI: 37
Jan 19 9:26 PM
- CINCINNATI: 19
Jan 19 8:26 PM
- CINCINNATI: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 19 7:40 PM
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2