No. 10 Ohio State outscores IllinoisJan 22, 2012 - 10:41 PM Columbus, OH (Sports Network) - Samantha Prahalis scored 28 points and Tayler Hill added 26 as No. 10 Ohio State posted a 96-84 victory over Illinois on Sunday.
Amber Stokes contributed 16 points and six rebounds, while Darryce Moore totaled 10 with five boards and three assists for the Buckeyes (19-1, 6-1 Big Ten).
Karisma Penn poured in 23 points and Adrienne Godbold had 18 with seven rebounds for the Fighting Illini (6-14, 0-7).
OSU led 44-36 at intermission, then opened up an 11-point edge, 53-42, less than three minutes into the second half.
Illinois forged a 76-76 deadlock with 5:12 to go, but Hill drained a three- pointer to fuel a 14-4 burst that left the hosts ahead 90-80 with 2:06 left after a Prahalis layup.
- ILLINOIS: 84
OHIO STATE: 96
Jan 22 3:59 PM
- ILLINOIS: 36
OHIO STATE: 44
Jan 22 2:43 PM
- ILLINOIS: 0
OHIO STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 22 2:06 PM
- Illinois women lose leading scorer Chatrice White Apr 15
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Illinois athletic director: Women's coach will be back Mar 23
- Ohio State advances to Sweet 16 with win over West Virginia Mar 20
- West Virginia-Ohio St. Preview Mar 19
- West Virginia, Ohio State clash in 2nd round of tournament Mar 19
- Ohio State smothers Buffalo to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Buffalo-Ohio St. Preview Mar 17
- No. 19 Spartans, special Powers rout No. 9 Buckeyes 82-63 Mar 5
- Mitchell scores 43, No. 9 Ohio State beats Rutgers 73-58 Mar 5