Kentucky holds off FloridaJan 22, 2012 - 9:52 PM
Keyla Snowden added 11 points for the Wildcats (18-2, 7-0 SEC), who are off to the second-best start in school history. The 1982-83 team started with a 19-2 mark.
Jordan Jones ended with 13 points for the Gators (13-7, 3-4), who had a two- game winning streak snapped. Jennifer George and Jaterra Bonds each tallied 10 points, while George grabbed 11 boards.
Down by 10, 50-40, with four minutes to play, Florida put together an 8-0 run to make things interesting. Lanita Bartley's layup made it a 50-48 contest with 27 seconds left.
But the Wildcats went 7-of-8 from the foul line down the stretch to seal the win.
- FLORIDA: 52
Jan 22 4:20 PM
- FLORIDA: 21
Jan 22 2:55 PM
- FLORIDA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 22 2:06 PM
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky thrashes UNC Asheville 85-31 in NCAA opener Mar 19
- UNC Asheville-Kentucky Preview Mar 18