Duke tops Maryland in top-10 tiltJan 22, 2012 - 11:06 PM
Five players scored in double figures for Duke (16-2, 6-0 ACC), including Chelsea Gray, who finished with 17 points and 11 assists.
Alyssa Thomas led the Terps (18-2, 5-2) with 26 points and 10 boards, while Tianna Hawkins chipped in 17 points.
In a hard-fought ACC contest, the teams traded the lead during the first half, which ended with Duke leading 44-43.
In the second half, Duke extended the lead to 56-45 on a Gray layup with 13:27 to go, but Maryland quickly battled back behind Thomas, who connected on a jumper and three on the Terps' next two touches.
Maryland got within 71-68 on a Lynetta Kizer jumper with 3:22 to go, but Gray responded with a three, and Duke pulled away to earn its 34th straight home victory.
- MARYLAND: 72
Jan 22 5:25 PM
- MARYLAND: 43
Jan 22 4:21 PM
- MARYLAND: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 22 3:50 PM
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- Plum scores 32 as Washington stuns Maryland Mar 21
- Washington-Maryland Preview Mar 20
- Maryland, Washington: Opposites attract in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Maryland spoils Iona debut in NCAA Tournament with 74-58 win Mar 19
- Iona-Maryland Preview Mar 18
- In season of change, Maryland returns to NCAAs as No. 2 seed Mar 16
- No. 5 Maryland women top Northwestern 83-62 Mar 5
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4