No. 6 Kentucky routs AuburnJan 27, 2012 - 2:50 AM Auburn, AL (Sports Network) - A'dia Mathies scored 20 points while Samarie Walker pulled down 15 rebounds as No. 6 Kentucky took down Auburn, 66-48.
Maegan Conwright added 10 points for Kentucky (19-2, 8-0 SEC), which forced 30 Auburn turnovers and outrebounded the Tigers on the offensive glass, 21-11. The Wildcats have won eight straight games.
Blanche Alverson netted 15 points for Auburn (10-11, 2-6), which has lost five of six.
Kentucky shot just 32.4 percent from the field in the first half, but attempted 17 more shots -- helped by 12 offensive rebounds and 16 Auburn turnovers -- as the Wildcats took a 31-20 lead into the locker room. Mathies had eight first-half points to pace Kentucky.
The Wildcats led by as many as 21 late before cruising to the easy win.
- KENTUCKY: 66
Jan 26 9:00 PM
- KENTUCKY: 31
Jan 26 7:52 PM
- KENTUCKY: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 26 7:05 PM
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Baylor women to 8th straight Sweet 16, beat Auburn 84-52 Mar 20
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky thrashes UNC Asheville 85-31 in NCAA opener Mar 19