No. 5 Duke routs ClemsonJan 28, 2012 - 4:27 AM
Elizabeth Williams added 14 points, five rebounds, and five blocks and Richa Jackson scored 13 points and six rebounds as Duke (17-2, 8-0 ACC) won its 11th straight game.
Duke has won its last 15 against Clemson.
The Blue Devils face a tough test in their next game as they play host to No. 3 UConn on Monday.
Quinyotta Pettaway led the way for Clemson (5-13, 1-6 ACC) recording a double- double with 12 points and 10 rebounds and Nikki Dixon added 11 points, but it wasn't enough as the Lady Tigers lost their third straight and 8-of-9.
Clemson will look to rebound on Sunday as it plays host to Georgia Tech.
Haley Peters, who scored 12 points with six assists, made a layup with 5:15 to go, sparking a 15-2 run by the Blue Devils to give them a 40-24 lead into the locker room.
Duke's defense stifled the Lady Tigers in the second half, holding them without a basket from the field over the last 13 minutes of the game. Clemson shot just 16.7 percent in the second stanza.
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- Wake Forest beats Clemson 73-58 in ACC women's tourney Mar 2
- No. 2 Notre Dame grabs share of ACC title with 71-52 win Feb 25
- Thomas, No. 10 Florida State women beat Duke 69-53 Feb 11
- Thomas, Bingley lead No. 10 Florida State past Clemson Feb 7
- No. 16 Miami women build early lead in beating Duke 61-53 Feb 7
- No. 3 Notre Dame women beat Duke 68-61 Feb 1