No. 3 UConn takes care of South FloridaJan 29, 2012 - 1:31 AM Hartford, CT (Sports Network) - Tiffany Hayes recorded a double-double with a game-high 33 points to go with 10 rebounds as No. 3 UConn defeated South Florida, 77-62, at XL Center on Saturday.
Stefanie Dolson added a double-double of her own with 22 points and 18 rebounds as UConn (19-2, 8-1 Big East) improved to 14-0 at home and have now won seven straight.
Caitlin Rowe had 20 points for South Florida (12-9, 4-3) and Inga Orekhova chipped in 16 points and five boards.
Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis capped a 12-0 run for the Huskies, hitting a three- pointer to put her team on top 26-17 with 8:21 to play in the first half.
South Florida was able to keep it close as it held UConn to 2-of-10 shooting from beyond the arc in the first half and entered intermission trailing 36-33.
UConn began to pull away in the second as a Dolson jumper capped a 12-3 run and the Huskies took a 50-40 lead with 14:29 to play.
The Huskies were able to keep South Florida at bay despite a 4-for-20 mark from beyond the three-point line.
- SOUTH FLORIDA: 62
Jan 28 3:05 PM
- SOUTH FLORIDA: 33
Jan 28 1:51 PM
- SOUTH FLORIDA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 28 1:08 PM
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2