No. 6 Kentucky downs AlabamaJan 29, 2012 - 9:47 PM Lexington, KY (Sports Network) - Keyla Snowden had 14 points to lift No. 6 Kentucky to an 82-68 win over Alabama in an SEC battle.
A'dia Mathies scored 13 points and Bria Goss added 11 for the Wildcats (20-2, 9-0), who have won nine straight.
Kyra Crosby and Jasmine Robinson each posted 14 points for the Crimson Tide (10-12, 0-8), who have dropped their past eight games.
Kentucky shot close to 49 percent in the first half while holding Alabama to just 30.8 percent shooting to take a 46-29 lead after 20 minutes.
Alabama did better in the second half and outscored Kentucky, but was unable to get closer than 11 back.
- ALABAMA: 68
Jan 29 4:14 PM
- ALABAMA: 29
Jan 29 2:59 PM
- ALABAMA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 29 2:07 PM
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky thrashes UNC Asheville 85-31 in NCAA opener Mar 19
- UNC Asheville-Kentucky Preview Mar 18