Gamecocks down Lady Vols for first time in 32 yearsFeb 3, 2012 - 2:48 AM Tennessee for the first time since 1980 in a 64-60 victory.
La'Keisha Sutton had 12 points and six rebounds for the Gamecocks (18-5, 7-3 SEC), who are winners in four straight games.
Glory Johnson had 13 points and nine rebounds and Ariel Massengale donated 12 points for the Lady Vols (16-6, 7-2), who lost an SEC game at home for the first time in close to three years.
South Carolina was trailing by five, but Ashley Bruner put in a basket with just over three minutes to play to spark a 9-0 run, during which Tennessee missed five shots.
It was the Gamecocks' first win over a top-10 team since a victory over then- No. 6 Vanderbilt on January 3, 2002.
- SOUTH CAROLINA: 64
Feb 2 8:54 PM
- SOUTH CAROLINA: 29
Feb 2 7:47 PM
- SOUTH CAROLINA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 2 7:10 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- SEC women's basketball tourney returning to South Carolina May 16
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- South Carolina, Dawn Staley looking to learn from setback Apr 27
- Staley: South Carolina reserve forward White to transfer Mar 31
- Gamecocks reserve G Kaydra Duckett leaving South Carolina Mar 30
- Staley wants South Carolina to remember NCAA Tournament loss Mar 28
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26