LSU upsets No. 6 KentuckyFeb 5, 2012 - 10:56 PM Baton Rouge, LA (Sports Network) - Adrienne Webb scored 19 points to lead LSU as it upset No. 6 Kentucky 61-51 at Pete Maravich Assembly Center on Sunday.
LaSondra Barrett added 12 points for the Lady Tigers (15-9, 5-5 SEC), who snapped a five-game SEC losing streak in the upset victory over Kentucky.
A'dia Mathies had 12 points and Keyla Snowden chipped in 11 points for Kentucky (21-3, 10-1), which lost for the first time in 10 games.
The LSU defense stifled Kentucky, holding it to just 8-of-29 shooting from the field in the first half as LSU took a 20-18 halftime lead over a heavily favored Kentucky squad.
In a back-and-forth second half, Kentucky was able to convert a big LSU turnover as Snowden knocked down a three-pointer to cut the deficit to 48-45 with just under four minutes remaining in the contest.
However, LSU would score the next eight points, including 6-of-6 from the line, as the Lady Tigers held on for the upset victory.
The victory over a top-5 team was LSU's first since the 2008 NCAA Elite 8 victory over North Carolina.
- KENTUCKY: 51
Feb 5 5:11 PM
- KENTUCKY: 18
Feb 5 3:58 PM
- KENTUCKY: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 5 3:10 PM
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky thrashes UNC Asheville 85-31 in NCAA opener Mar 19
- UNC Asheville-Kentucky Preview Mar 18