Duke routs North Carolina in ACC clashFeb 7, 2012 - 2:49 AM
The Blue Devils (19-3, 10-0 ACC) had five scorers in double figures including 17 points from Richa Jackson and 15 points from Chelsea Gray. Duke has now won two straight since a loss to No. 3 UConn snapped Duke's 34-game home winning streak last Monday.
Chay Shegog scored 19 points and Krista Gross added eight points and seven rebounds for North Carolina (17-6, 7-3), which had its five-game winning streak halted.
Duke used a 14-2 run in the first half to gain a 23-12 advantage with 7:51 left until intermission.
The Blue Devils ended the first half a scorching 8-of-10 from long range, while the Tar Heels managed to make just 1-of-8 from behind the arc as Duke took a convincing 50-24 lead into the locker room.
Duke continued to dominate in the second half, despite a 2-for-10 performance from long range, as it pulled away for the 40-point victory.
- NORTH CAROLINA: 56
Feb 6 8:59 PM
- NORTH CAROLINA: 24
Feb 6 7:49 PM
- NORTH CAROLINA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 6 7:04 PM
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- Pitt beats UNC 82-72 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- Bulgak powers No. 10 Florida State women to win over UNC Feb 14
- Thomas, No. 10 Florida State women beat Duke 69-53 Feb 11
- No. 16 Miami women build early lead in beating Duke 61-53 Feb 7
- No. 13 Louisville women overtake North Carolina 78-60 Feb 4
- No. 3 Notre Dame women beat Duke 68-61 Feb 1