Gray, Duke holds off Boston CollegeFeb 10, 2012 - 2:29 AM Chestnut Hill, MA (Sports Network) - Chelsea Gray had 19 points, six rebounds and five assists to lead No. 5 Duke past Boston College on Thursday.
Elizabeth Williams added 18 points, 10 rebounds and eight blocks for Duke (20-3, 11-0 ACC), while Haley Peters contributed 16 points in the Blue Devils' third straight win after a 61-45 setback to Connecticut on January 30.
Kristen Doherty paced Boston College (5-19, 0-11) with 17 points in the Eagles' 11th consecutive loss.
Duke held a slim, 32-31, advantage at the half after Boston College closed out the first half on an 11-3 run to erase a nine-point deficit.
The Eagles stayed within striking distance throughout the second half, but after a pair of Katie Zenevitch free throws brought BC within 61-60 with 2:51 remaining in the game, Gray sank a pair of three-pointers around a Doherty layup to fend off any hopes of an upset.
- DUKE: 71
BOSTON COLLEGE: 62
Feb 9 8:48 PM
- DUKE: 32
BOSTON COLLEGE: 31
Feb 9 7:46 PM
- DUKE: 0
BOSTON COLLEGE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 9 7:05 PM
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- NC State women beat Boston College 76-60 in ACC Tournament Mar 3
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- BC beats Virginia Tech 49-37 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- No. 2 Notre Dame tops Boston College women 70-58 Feb 27
- Butler leads No. 18 Syracuse women past Boston College 71-55 Feb 25
- Hines-Allen leads No. 11 Louisville women past BC 55-45 Feb 21
- Thomas, No. 10 Florida State women beat Duke 69-53 Feb 11