No. 3 Connecticut dismantles No. 14 GeorgetownFeb 12, 2012 - 12:34 AM Connecticut dismantled No. 14 Georgetown, 80-38, on Saturday.
Bria Hartley added 18 points and Tiffany Hayes had 12 for the Huskies (23-2, 11-1 Big East), who shot 62.5 percent in the second half. They have won 11 straight games.
Rubylee Wright and Sugar Rodgers scored 10 points apiece to pace the Hoyas (19-6, 8-4), who saw their four-game win streak come to an end.
Georgetown was up 12-11 near the midway point of the opening half, but Connecticut scored 13 straight points to grab control. Mosqueda-Lewis had six points during the burst and Hartley added a three-point play, as the Huskies grabbed a 24-12 lead.
They were up 31-18 at the half and the advantage reached 20, 42-22, on another Hartley three-point play early in the second.
The Huskies were not tested the rest of the way, as the lead ballooned to 44. They got 34 points from their bench and earned their 27th straight win over the Hoyas.
- GEORGETOWN: 38
Feb 11 5:56 PM
- GEORGETOWN: 18
Feb 11 4:50 PM
- GEORGETOWN: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 11 4:13 PM
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2