No. 13 Tennessee rips No. 7 KentuckyFeb 14, 2012 - 3:05 AM Tennessee routed No. 7 Kentucky, 91-54, on Monday.
Shekinna Stricklen posted 18 points and six rebounds for the Lady Vols (18-7, 9-3 SEC), who shot a sizzling 59 percent from the field for the victory.
Bria Goss led the way with 15 points for the Wildcats (21-4, 10-2), who shot only 33.3 percent in defeat. A'Dia Mathies contributed 12 points and four boards in a losing cause.
Tennessee used a 14-0 run late in the first half to establish control. The hosts were ahead 46-28 at the break and never looked back.
- KENTUCKY: 54
Feb 13 9:08 PM
- KENTUCKY: 28
Feb 13 7:57 PM
- KENTUCKY: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 13 7:10 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26