No. 5 Duke races past Virginia TechFeb 16, 2012 - 2:56 AM Durham, NC (Sports Network) - Tricia Liston scored 17 points off the bench and Chelsea Gray added 15, leading No. 5 Duke to a 67-45 win over Virginia Tech on Wednesday night.
Elizabeth Williams scored 12 points and Haley Peters contributed 11 for the Blue Devils (22-3, 13-0 ACC), who have won five games in a row since a loss to Connecticut on January 30.
They extended their winning streak over Virginia Tech to 17 games, including two this season by an average score of almost 25 points.
Aerial Wilson poured in a game-high 19 points to lead Virginia Tech (7-19, 3-10) but the Hokies lost their fourth straight and fell to 1-10 in their last 11 games overall.
- VIRGINIA TECH: 45
Feb 15 8:56 PM
- VIRGINIA TECH: 26
Feb 15 7:54 PM
- VIRGINIA TECH: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 15 7:08 PM
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- Virginia Tech hires James Madison's Brooks as women's coach Mar 28
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- BC beats Virginia Tech 49-37 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- Hof leads No. 18 Miami women to 67-56 OT win over Va Tech Feb 21
- Thomas, No. 10 Florida State women beat Duke 69-53 Feb 11
- No. 16 Miami women build early lead in beating Duke 61-53 Feb 7
- No. 3 Notre Dame women beat Duke 68-61 Feb 1