UConn shakes off weekend defeat, routs PittFeb 22, 2012 - 3:51 AM Pittsburgh, PA (Sports Network) - Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis totaled a game-high 23 points as No. 4 Connecticut routed Pitt by an 86-37 count on Tuesday.
Tiffany Hayes added 13 and five steals for the Huskies (25-3, 12-2 Big East), who snapped back to attention just three days after St. John's ended their home win streak at 99 games.
Brianna Kiesel scored 15 points for the Panthers (8-19, 0-14), who received 10 points from Ashlee Anderson in a losing cause.
Connecticut led 29-4 early on and went to the break up 48-10 thanks to holding Pitt to 12 percent (3-of-25) shooting from the floor.
The outcome was never in doubt from there.
- Obama honors UConn women for another national championship May 10
- Duke's Azura Stevens transfers to UConn Apr 30
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Apr 19
- UConn coach Auriemma hospitalized with undisclosed illness Apr 17
- UConn star Morgan Tuck to enter WNBA draft Apr 6
- Returning UConn players say they're ready to take baton Apr 6
- UConn skips campus parade due to weather, will rally indoors Apr 6
- Four-Peat: UConn beats 'Cuse for 4th straight national title Apr 6
- Syracuse-UConn Preview Apr 4
- Tuck and Stewart lead UConn back to the title game Apr 3
- Oregon St.-UConn Preview Apr 2
- Oregon State and UConn take different paths to Final Four Apr 2