Arkansas upsets No. 10 Tennessee in OTFeb 24, 2012 - 4:21 AM Arkansas upset No. 10 Tennessee, 72-71, on Thursday.
Lyndsay Harris had 20 points for the Razorbacks (21-6, 10-5 SEC), who earned their first-ever win in Knoxville. They had lost 18 straight games to Tennessee overall, a streak which dated back to 1996.
C'eira Ricketts added 16 points and nine assists in the upset, helping Arkansas to its 10th win in 11 games.
Shekinna Stricklen scored 17 points to pace the Lady Volunteers (20-8, 11-4), who saw their three-game win streak come to and end. Glory Johnson added 13 points and nine rebounds.
The Razorbacks shot 57.9 percent and hit five three-pointers in the first half en route to a 31-26 lead at the break.
Tennessee came back to tie it a 44 in the second half and was up 57-52 with just over four minutes to go before Arkansas scored six straight, capped by a pair of free throws by Harris to take a 58-57 lead.
A free throws by Ariel Massengale and buckets by Kamiko Williams and Stricklen had the Lady Vols up, 62-58, but Ricketts made a layup with 49 seconds to go and Watkins' layup with eight ticks on the clock forced overtime.
The Razorbacks held 70-64 lead with two minutes left in the extra period before Stricklen hit a three-pointer and followed with a layup to pull Tennessee within one.
Harris, though, drew a foul with six seconds left and made both free throws to seal the win.
- ARKANSAS: 72
Final - OT
Feb 23 9:24 PM
- ARKANSAS: 62
End of Regulation
Feb 23 9:01 PM
- ARKANSAS: 31
Feb 23 7:50 PM
- ARKANSAS: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 23 7:06 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23
- Tennessee knocks off Arizona State 75-64 in NCAAs Mar 21