No. 23 Nebraska upsets No. 8 Ohio StateFeb 27, 2012 - 12:43 AM Lincoln, NE (Sports Network) - Emily Cady poured in 24 points, leading No. 23 Nebraska over No. 8 Ohio State, 71-57, on Sunday.
Nebraska snapped a four-game losing streak to Ohio State in the regular season finale for both teams.
Lindsey Moore added nine points and Jordan Hooper scored seven with nine rebounds for the Cornhuskers (21-7, 10-6 Big Ten), who had an outside chance to get a No. 3 or 4 seed in the upcoming Big Ten tournament when the day began but needed a lot of help.
Nothing else fell into place and Nebraska ended up with the No. 6 seed and a first-round game against Northwestern on Thursday.
The Buckeyes (24-5, 11-5) had already clinched the No. 2 seed prior to Sunday afternoon's game. They get a bye and will play Friday morning in Indianapolis against the winner of Thursday's Michigan-Illinois game.
Samantha Prahalis scored 18 points and Tayler Hill had 16 to lead Ohio State against Nebraska. The Buckeyes could have earned a share of the Big Ten title with a victory plus a Penn State loss on Sunday. But Penn State beat Minnesota earlier to lock up sole possession of first place.
The Huskers had a 39-29 lead at halftime and held Ohio State to 32.7 percent shooting in the game, earning some revenge for an 82-68 loss to the Buckeyes in Columbus last month.
Nebraska went 2-4 in its final six regular season games. Ohio State lost two of its last three and fell to 4-2 against ranked teams this season.
- OHIO STATE: 57
Feb 26 5:52 PM
- OHIO STATE: 29
Feb 26 4:48 PM
- OHIO STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 26 4:02 PM
- New Nebraska women's assistants will be paid $140,000 each Apr 25
- New Nebraska women's coach has fewer perks in contract Apr 19
- Building trust top priority for new Nebraska women's coach Apr 12
- Huskers act quickly to replace Yori, hire SD's Amy Williams Apr 11
- Nebraska's Natalie Romeo: 'Immature' players pushed out Yori Apr 9
- Huskers pay women's coach Connie Yori $1.2 million to leave Apr 7
- Nebraska coach Connie Yori resigns after 14 seasons Apr 5
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Ohio State advances to Sweet 16 with win over West Virginia Mar 20
- West Virginia-Ohio St. Preview Mar 19