Delle Donne's 35 lifts Delaware over NortheasternFeb 26, 2012 - 9:49 PM Newark, DE (Sports Network) - Elena Delle Donne eclipsed the 30-point plateau for the 11th time this season, netting 35 points as No. 9 Delaware won its 16th straight game with an 89-71 triumph over Northeastern.
The nation's leading scorer at 28.1 points per game, Delle Donne was 14-of-24 from the floor to go with seven rebounds. Lauren Carra hit four three-pointers en route to 18 points for the Blue Hens (26-1, 17-0 CAA), who tied a school record for wins in a season.
Jewel Tunstull had 20 points to lead Northeastern (7-21, 5-12), which had its three-game winning streak snapped.
Delle Donne scored 19 points in the opening half as the Blue Hens took a 47-30 lead into the locker room.
Delaware led by as many as 23 points in the second stanza, cruising to the easy win.
With one game remaining on its schedule, Delaware will attempt to become the first CAA squad since 2002 to finish the regular season unbeaten in the conference.
- No. 24 Michigan State women defeat Northeastern 77-51 Dec 18
- Delaware basketball suspends three Jan 29
- Kentucky holds off the Delle Donne led Blue Hens Mar 30
- Delle Donne shines as Blue Hens head for uncharted territory Mar 26
- Delle Donne sets milestone, Blue Hens advance Mar 24
- No. 9 Maryland handles Delaware Dec 20
- Kansas capitalizes on second-round win against Blue Hens Mar 21
- Delaware routs Arkansas-Little Rock for first postseason win Mar 18
- Delaware captures Colonial crown Mar 11
- No. 7 Delaware rolls past UNCW Mar 11
- Blue Hens thump ODU in CAA quarters Mar 9
- Delaware completes undefeated CAA regular season, sets wins mark Feb 29