No. 10 Kentucky advances with comeback win over FloridaMar 3, 2012 - 4:26 AM Nashville, TN (Sports Network) - A'dia Mathies scored 24 points, as No. 10 Kentucky notched a 71-67 comeback win over Florida in Friday's SEC Tournament quarterfinal matchup.
Keyla Snowden added 17 points and Bria Goss made the go-ahead layup with 1:22 remaining for the Wildcats (25-5), who advanced to play LSU in Saturday's semifinals.
Jennifer George had a team-high 18 points in defeat, while Azania Stewart added 15 and 12 rebounds and Jordan Jones scored 13 for the Gators (19-12), who defeated Auburn in the tournament's first round.
Kentucky was down 32-25 at the break and trailed by as many as 13 early in the second half before rallying for the win.
A 20-6 run turned a 38-25 Wildcats' deficit into a 45-44 advantage, as Snowden capped the burst with a go-ahead three-pointer.
The back-and-forth finish had the Gators on top, 65-64 with under two minutes to go before Goss made a layup to put Kentucky on top for good.
The Wildcats made 5-of-6 free throws the rest of the way to seal the win.
- FLORIDA: 67
Mar 2 3:16 PM
- FLORIDA: 32
Mar 2 1:56 PM
- FLORIDA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 2 1:06 PM
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky thrashes UNC Asheville 85-31 in NCAA opener Mar 19
- UNC Asheville-Kentucky Preview Mar 18