NC State takes down No. 5 Duke in ACC TournamentMar 2, 2012 - 11:05 PM Greensboro, NC (Sports Network) - Bonae Holston and Marissa Kastanek scored 16 points apiece to lift NC State to a 75-73 win over top-seeded and fifth-ranked Duke in Friday's ACC Tournament quarterfinal matchup.
Holston added seven rebounds, two blocks and two steals for the ninth-seeded Wolfpack (18-14), who led 75-67 with just over two minutes remaining.
Duke's Tricia Liston drained consecutive three-pointers but missed a jumper that could have tied the game with about 20 seconds to play.
The Blue Devils (24-5) still had a chance to pull even after NC State's Emili Tasler missed two free throw attempts. Duke's Chelsea Gray was then fouled with two seconds left, but the Wolfpack prevailed when she missed the front end of a one-and-one.
NC State will play 15th-ranked Georgia Tech in Saturday's semifinals.
Gray had a game-high 25 points, seven rebounds and three steals, but also committed eight of Duke's 22 turnovers.
The Blue Devils, who lost only one conference game during the regular season, had their tournament winning streak snapped at six games.
- NORTH CAROLINA STATE: 75
Mar 2 5:04 PM
- NORTH CAROLINA STATE: 36
Mar 2 3:50 PM
- NORTH CAROLINA STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 2 3:07 PM
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- No. 17 Syracuse beats NC State 80-61 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- NC State women beat Boston College 76-60 in ACC Tournament Mar 3
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- No. 12 Florida State women hold off NC State 56-52 Feb 25
- Thomas, No. 10 Florida State women beat Duke 69-53 Feb 11
- No. 16 Miami women build early lead in beating Duke 61-53 Feb 7
- Cable scores 25, No. 3 Notre Dame defeats NC State 82-46 Feb 4