LSU tops Kentucky to reach SEC title gameMar 4, 2012 - 1:59 AM Nashville, TN (Sports Network) - Courtney Jones scored 18 points, LaSondra Barrett had 15 and LSU upset No. 10 Kentucky, 72-61, in the semifinals of the SEC Tournament on Saturday and will face No. 13 Tennessee in the final.
Adrienne Webb added 11 points and Jeanne Kenney scored 10 for the fourth- seeded Lady Tigers (22-9), who made the final of the SEC Tournament for the first time since losing to Tennessee in 2008.
It will be LSU's ninth appearance overall in the title game. It never trailed against Kentucky and led by as many as 18 points with 6:23 remaining in the second half.
Top-seeded Kentucky (25-6) was led by 18 points from A'dia Mathies and 17 from Keyla Snowden. The Wildcats scored 16 points in the first half -- a season-low for any half.
Tennessee, seeded second, won the other semifinal 74-58 over South Carolina behind 23 points from Glory Johnson. The Lady Vols (23-8) shot almost 51 percent from the floor while South Carolina (23-9) shot under 35 percent.
The final is Sunday.
- LSU: 72
Mar 3 6:07 PM
- LSU: 26
Mar 3 4:56 PM
- LSU: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 3 4:07 PM
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky thrashes UNC Asheville 85-31 in NCAA opener Mar 19
- UNC Asheville-Kentucky Preview Mar 18