No. 3 Notre Dame downs DePaul, advances to semifinalsMar 5, 2012 - 12:14 AM Hartford, CT (Sports Network) - Devereaux Peters and Natalie Novosel both scored 16 points for No. 3 Notre Dame in Sunday's 69-54 Big East Tournament quarterfinal win over DePaul.
Peters added 12 rebounds while Kayla McBride finished with 14 points for the Fighting Irish (29-2), who advanced to play West Virginia in Monday's semifinal.
Katherine Harry scored 14 points to pace eight-seeded DePaul (22-10). Jasmine Penny chipped in 10.
Notre Dame led 22-19 near the midway point of the first half before opening up a double-digit advantage with a 12-5 run.
McBride hit a three-pointer during the stretch and Peters capped it with a layup, making it 34-24.
The Irish were still up 10 when Skylar Diggins connected on a layup for a 38-26 lead at the break.
They opened the second half with 10 straight points to put the game away.
McBride started with a three-pointer and Novosel scored five in a row to make it 48-26. Notre Dame wasn't threatened the rest of the way.
- DEPAUL: 54
NOTRE DAME: 69
Mar 4 4:16 PM
- DEPAUL: 26
NOTRE DAME: 38
Mar 4 3:16 PM
- DEPAUL: 0
NOTRE DAME: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 4 2:37 PM
- Oregon State women first Elite 8 after 83-71 win over DePaul Mar 26
- Notre Dame run of Final 4 appearances comes to stunning end Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- DePaul-Oregon St. Preview Mar 25
- Oregon State women go from shambles to Sweet 16 vs. DePaul Mar 25
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Notre Dame more diverse scoring team than in past years Mar 24
- Allen scores 22, leads Notre Dame to 87-70 win over Indiana Mar 21
- DePaul beats Louisville 73-72 behind January's 25 points Mar 21
- Indiana-Notre Dame Preview Mar 20
- Indiana looks to knock off in-state rival Notre Dame Mar 20