No. 2 Stanford defeats Cal for Pac-12 crownMar 10, 2012 - 11:11 PM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Nnemkadi Ogwumike had 29 points and 12 rebounds as No. 2 Stanford defeated California, 77-62, in Saturday's Pac-12 Tournament title game.
Chiney Ogwumike added 17 points and 13 boards while Amber Orrange scored 13 for the Cardinal (31-1), who captured their ninth tournament title and extended their school-record win streak to 28 games.
Layshia Clarendon had a team-high 20 points for the Golden Bears (24-9), who were making their second appearance in the final.
Stanford began the game with a 17-4 burst, but California battled back behind three first-half three-pointers from Brittany Boyd to pull within six, 37-31, at the break.
As they did at the start, the Cardinal came out of the locker room strong, opening the second half with a 13-4 burst.
Nnemkadi Ogwumike capped the run, grabbing an offensive rebound off of Chiney's miss and hitting a jumper for a 50-35 advantage.
California, which was the only team to take Stanford to overtime during the regular season, did not threaten the rest of the way.
- CALIFORNIA: 62
Mar 10 4:41 PM
- CALIFORNIA: 31
Mar 10 3:30 PM
- CALIFORNIA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 10 2:43 PM
- Washington women beat Stanford 85-76 to reach Final Four Mar 27
- Washington-Stanford Preview Mar 26
- Lexington Regional women's final features Pac-12 showdown Mar 26
- Stanford stuns Notre Dame 90-84 in regional semifinal Mar 26
- Stanford-Notre Dame Preview Mar 24
- Notre Dame, Stanford women facing off in Sweet 16 again Mar 24
- Thompson's 3-point play with 8.2 seconds left lifts Stanford Mar 22
- S. Dakota St.-Stanford Preview Mar 20
- Stanford coach Tara VanDerveer influences so many coaches Mar 20
- Stanford's Tara VanDerveer beats former star Azzi in NCAAs Mar 20
- Tara VanDerveer, former star Jennifer Azzi take NCAA stage Mar 18
- San Francisco-Stanford Preview Mar 18