White helps third-seeded Texas A&M advanceMar 18, 2012 - 1:55 AM Texas A&M Aggies made easy work of the 14th-seeded Albany Great Danes 69-47 in a first round bout of the NCAA Women's Tournament at Reed Arena.
Adaora Elonu scored 13 points for Texas A&M (23-10), while Alexia Standish netted 12 points. Eleven different Aggies scored in the victory.
Ebone Henry was the lone player in double digits for Albany (23-10), finishing with 14 points. Julie Foster ripped down 12 rebounds for the Great Danes, who were playing in their first-ever NCAA Tournament.
Albany fought hard in the first half, holding the Aggies to just 37.9 percent field goal shooting, and it went into halftime down only four, 30-26.
Texas A&M took control after the break however, connecting on 16-of-29 (55.2 percent) from the field in the second stanza to cruise to a 22-point triumph.
The Great Danes could not overcome a game-high 24 turnovers.
Texas A&M advances to the second round, where it will take on sixth-seeded Arkansas for the right to advance to the Sweet 16.
- ALBANY: 47
TEXAS A&M: 69
Mar 17 8:29 PM
- ALBANY: 26
TEXAS A&M: 30
Mar 17 7:19 PM
- ALBANY: 0
TEXAS A&M: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 17 6:30 PM
- Albany women's coach Abrahamson-Henderson leaving for UCF Apr 1
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Sykes leads Orange to 2nd-round 76-59 win over Albany Mar 20
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Howard sets NCAA Tournament rebound record in Aggies win Mar 19
- Albany (NY)-Syracuse Preview Mar 19
- Texas A&M suspends Courtney Williams and Shlonte Allen Mar 19
- Missouri St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 18
- Albany upsets Florida 61-59 in 1st round of NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Albany (NY)-Florida Preview Mar 17
- Albany beats Maine 59-58 for 5th straight America East title Mar 11