Delaware routs Arkansas-Little Rock for first postseason winMar 19, 2012 - 1:42 AM Little Rock, AR (Sports Network) - The nations leading scorer, Elena Delle Donne, poured in 39 points and brought down 11 rebounds to lead the third-seeded Delaware Blue Hens to a 73-42 blowout with over the 14th-seeded Arkansas-Little Rock Trojans and Jack Stephens Center.
Lauren Carra had 12 points for Delaware (31-1) which had nine different players score in capturing it's first postseason win in program history. Delaware will face 11th-seed Kansas in the second round.
Marian Kursh scored 12 points as the only player for Arkansas-Little Rock (20-13) in double figures.
Although Delaware only connected on 38.7 percent of it's shots from the floor in the first half the Blue Hens led 32-22 at the half by allowing Arkansas-Little Rock to produce only eight total field goals.
Delaware heated up and hit on an even 50.0 percent of it's shots in the second half to rack up the 31-point win.
The Blue Hens forced 19 takeaways in the game and outscored the Trojans 19-0 on points off of turnovers.
- Troy women stun Little Rock 61-60 for Sun Belt title Mar 12
- Walker leads No. 16 Texas A&M women past Little Rock 69-39 Dec 22
- No. 6 Texas holds on to beat Arkansas-Little Rock 66-56 Dec 6
- No. 21 Oklahoma women top Arkansas-Little Rock 65-52 Dec 2
- Arizona State nudges UALR in second round Mar 23
- Gault leads Trojans in upset of Aggies Mar 21
- Delaware basketball suspends three Jan 29
- Kentucky holds off the Delle Donne led Blue Hens Mar 30
- Delle Donne shines as Blue Hens head for uncharted territory Mar 26
- Delle Donne sets milestone, Blue Hens advance Mar 24
- No. 9 Maryland handles Delaware Dec 20
- Kansas capitalizes on second-round win against Blue Hens Mar 21