Griner, Baylor make easy work of No. 6 KentuckyNov 14, 2012 - 5:20 AM Waco, TX (Sports Network) - Brittney Griner scored 27 points on 11-of-14 shooting, as the No. 1 Baylor Lady Bears crushed the sixth-ranked Kentucky Wildcats, 85-51, in the Tip-Off Classic.
Griner, the reigning consensus National Player of the Year, also had eight rebounds, five blocks and three steals in Baylor's (2-0) 42nd consecutive win.
Odyssey Sims chipped in 18 points and Destiny Williams added 14 points and a game-high 12 rebounds for the reigning national champs.
A'dia Mathies and Bria Goss paced Kentucky (1-1) with 12 and 11 points, respectively, but shot a combined 22 percent (7-of-32) from the floor.
Kentucky, which blew out Delaware State by 40 points on Saturday, made only two field goals in the final 11 minutes of the first half.
The Lady Bears, who shot 51 percent for the game, ended the half on a 27-6 run for a healthy 46-19 cushion at the break.
With the outcome essentially decided, Baylor rested its regulars late in the second half with a tough game against fourth-ranked Stanford looming Friday.
- KENTUCKY: 51
Nov 13 8:11 PM
- KENTUCKY: 19
Nov 13 6:59 PM
- KENTUCKY: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 13 6:05 PM
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Baylor women want to finish 2017 at Final Four in Dallas Mar 29
- Oregon St to women's Final Four after 60-57 win over Baylor Mar 29
- Oregon St.-Baylor Preview Mar 27
- Elite Eight not enough for Baylor women vs Oregon State Mar 27
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25