No. 4 Duke crushes Georgia TechDec 7, 2012 - 2:38 AM Durham, NC (Sports Network) - Elizabeth Williams dropped in a career-high 25 points on 10-of-14 shooting to go with 11 rebounds and six blocks as No. 4 Duke hammered Georgia Tech, 85-52, on Thursday at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
Chelsea Gray added 13 points and six steals, while Tricia Liston poured in 13 points for the Blue Devils (7-0, 1-0 ACC). Haley Peters contributed 11 points and 11 rebounds in the rout.
Tyaunna Marshall scored a team-high 23 points and grabbed eight rebounds for the Yellow Jackets (3-5, 0-1), who have lost three straight.
Duke got off to a quick start, hitting six of its first 12 shots en route to an early 15-4 lead. The Blue Devils were in control for the entire first half as a jumper by Williams with just over three minutes to play made it a 35-18 game.
Duke led by a comfortable 41-27 margin at halftime.
Williams led the Blue Devils with 12 first-half points on 5-of-6 shooting, while Marshall paced the Yellow Jackets with 12 points
Georgia Tech never got close in the second half.
- GEORGIA TECH: 52
Dec 6 8:57 PM
- GEORGIA TECH: 27
Dec 6 7:56 PM
- GEORGIA TECH: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 6 7:07 PM
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- No. 7 Louisville women beat Georgia Tech 60-50 in ACC Mar 4
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- Georgia Tech women edge Wake Forest 67-65 in ACC Mar 3
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- No. 19 Miami women hold off Georgia Tech 58-55 Feb 11
- Thomas, No. 10 Florida State women beat Duke 69-53 Feb 11
- No. 16 Miami women build early lead in beating Duke 61-53 Feb 7
- No. 3 Notre Dame women beat Duke 68-61 Feb 1