Lucas lifts Penn State to bounce-back win over GeorgetownDec 9, 2012 - 9:03 PM University Park, PA (Sports Network) - Maggie Lucas scored 26 of her career- high 39 points in the first half, powering 10th-ranked Penn State to a big early lead and a 97-74 rout of Georgetown.
Lucas finished 11-of-21 from the field and her 39 points marked the most ever -- men's or women's -- at the Bryce Jordan Center. Alex Bentley added 23 points for the Lady Lions (7-2), who bounced back from Thursday's 67-52 loss at Connecticut with their second win in three games.
Sugar Rodgers scored 24 points for Georgetown (7-3), which had a three-game win streak halted.
Rodgers drilled a three for the game's first points and Georgetown held a 9-8 lead just under three minutes into the contest. Lucas followed with the next seven points in Penn State's 10-0 run and the Lady Lions never trailed again.
Lucas hit 5-of-10 from beyond the arc in the first half and the Lady Lions connected on 51.4 percent overall in the opening 20 minutes while holding Georgetown to just 26.5 percent from the field.
Penn State built a 53-25 cushion at the break and led by as many as 35 in the second half.
- GEORGETOWN: 74
PENN STATE: 97
Dec 9 2:13 PM
- GEORGETOWN: 25
PENN STATE: 53
Dec 9 12:53 PM
- GEORGETOWN: 0
PENN STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 9 12:06 PM
- Purdue women top Penn State, 70-59; face Michigan State Mar 3
- Penn State tops Illinois 75-66 at Big Ten women's tourney Mar 2
- Villanova's Harry Perretta picks up 700th win Feb 21
- Alston's 26 leads No. 7 Ohio State over Penn State Feb 14
- Penn State upsets No. 17 Michigan State women 65-61 Feb 11
- Walker-Kimbrough leads Maryland to 89-53 win over Jan 27
- No. 23 Michigan State women beat Penn State 71-55 Jan 7
- Williams has 30 and No. 24 USF women beat Penn State 101-79 Dec 6
- Graves helps No. 4 Tennessee survive Penn State 74-66 Nov 18
- Georgetown names Natasha Adair women's hoops coach Apr 14
- Ogwumike, Stanford dismiss PSU in regional semis Mar 30
- Lady Lions leap past Florida Mar 25