Stallworth, No. 7 Kentucky rout MTSUDec 9, 2012 - 10:29 PM Lexington, KY (Sports Network) - DeNesha Stallworth had 16 points in No. 7 Kentucky's 68-46 win over Middle Tennessee State.
Bria Goss netted 10 points, while Samarie Walker tallied six points, eight rebounds and three blocks for the Wildcats (8-1), who have won seven straight since their lone loss to Baylor on Nov. 13.
Ebony Rowe had 19 points and 10 rebounds and Icelyn Elie added 15 points and 13 boards for the Blue Raiders (6-4), who had their brief two-game winning streak snapped.
Kentucky limited Middle Tennessee State to just 25 percent shooting (6-of-24) in the opening 20 minutes and took a 32-16 advantage into the locker room.
At one point in the half, the Blue Raiders were held without a field goal for 11 minutes and tallied just two points during the stretch.
The Wildcats coasted in the second stanza.
- MIDDLE TENNESSEE: 46
Dec 9 3:08 PM
- MIDDLE TENNESSEE: 16
Dec 9 2:07 PM
- MIDDLE TENNESSEE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 9 1:10 PM
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky thrashes UNC Asheville 85-31 in NCAA opener Mar 19
- Romero scores 17, leads Florida St past Middle Tennessee St Mar 19