Kentucky pulls away from PepperdineDec 19, 2012 - 6:03 AM Malibu, CA (Sports Network) - DeNesha Stallworth recorded 17 points and Bria Goss added 16 as No. 7 Kentucky rolled to an 80-62 win over Pepperdine at Firestone Fieldhouse.
A'dia Mathies chipped in 13 points for the Wildcats (9-1), winners of eight straight since losing by 34 at Baylor last month.
Shay Cooney-Williams paced Pepperdine (3-6) with 14 points.
Kentucky scored the game's first 11 points, but the Waves stayed within striking distance and trailed, 37-33, at intermission.
Again the Wildcats started strong with eight straight points, and a 12-2 run a little later essentially put the game away.
- KENTUCKY: 80
Dec 18 11:58 PM
- KENTUCKY: 37
Dec 18 10:56 PM
- KENTUCKY: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 18 10:07 PM
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky thrashes UNC Asheville 85-31 in NCAA opener Mar 19
- UNC Asheville-Kentucky Preview Mar 18