Wildcats crush Alcorn StateDec 29, 2012 - 3:14 AM Lexington, KY (Sports Network) - All five Wildcats starters scored in double- figures and No.7 Kentucky completely overmatched the Alcorn State Braves with a lopsided 90-23 victory on Friday.
Samarie Walker and DeNesha Stallworth each put forth double-doubles to help Kentucky (11-1) to its 10th straight win. Walker totaled 21 points and 14 boards, while Stallworth finished with 10 points and 10 rebounds.
Bria Gross connected on all three of her 3-pointers en route to 18 points. A'dia Mathies and Jennifer O'Neill added 14 and 13 points, respectively, in the victory.
Still winless on the campaign, Alcorn State (0-9) suffered its worst loss since falling to Tennessee, 90-37, earlier this season. They committed 36 turnovers as a team and made just 7-of-35 shots for the night.
Kentucky shot 50.8 percent (33-for-65) for the game and held Alcorn State to just 11 points in the first half.
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky thrashes UNC Asheville 85-31 in NCAA opener Mar 19
- UNC Asheville-Kentucky Preview Mar 18