No. 8 Cal cruises past George WashingtonDec 29, 2012 - 5:25 AM Berkeley, CA (Sports Network) - Talia Caldwell poured in a career-high 19 points to go with eight rebounds as No. 8 California cruised passed George Washington, 70-43, on Friday at Haas Pavilion.
Gennifer Brandon and Layshia Clarendon added 12 points apiece, while Reshanda Gray chipped in 11 points off the bench for the Golden Bears (10-1), who have won four straight.
Shi-Heria Shipp and Megan Nipe each netted nine points for George Washington (6-6), which had its two-game win streak snapped.
California jumped out to an early 21-9 edge and carried a 39-22 advantage into the break.
The Colonials got as close as 11 later in the second on a jumper from Anjaleace White, but the Golden Bears answered with a 20-0 spurt to build a comfortable 63-32 advantage before cruising to victory over the final five minutes.
- George Washington hires Rizzotti as women's basketball coach Apr 15
- Tsipis resigns as George Washington women's hoops coach Mar 28
- Kansas State gets 1st NCAA tournament win since 2012 Mar 18
- Kansas St.-George Washington Preview Mar 17
- George Washington rallies by Duquesne for A10 women's title Mar 6
- Canada leads No. 12 UCLA past California 73-67 in OT Mar 6
- California stuns No. 10 Arizona St 75-64 in Pac-12 quarters Mar 4
- California tops Utah in overtime 66-63 to advance in Pac-12 Mar 3
- No. 7 Oregon State women clinch share of Pac-12 title Feb 28
- Hempen leads No. 9 Arizona State women past California Feb 13
- Balance lifts No. 25 Stanford women over California 60-55 Feb 6
- McCall, No. 15 Stanford women pull away; beat Cal 53-46 Feb 3