Dominating defense leads Duke in rout of MonmouthDec 30, 2012 - 10:16 PM Durham, NC (Sports Network) - Tricia Liston posted 15 points and nine rebounds to lead the No. 4 Duke Blue Devils to a 73-32 win over Monmouth.
Duke (11-0) held Monmouth (3-8) to just three points in the first half. It tied Savannah State (2003) and Tennessee State (2010) as the fewest points in one half by a team.
Chelsea Gray gave 13 points and six rebounds while Haley Peters added 11 points and 10 boards for the Blue Devils.
Chevannah Paalvast had 15 points and six assists for the Hawks.
Monmouth shot just 1-for-25 in the first half as Duke built itself a comfortable 29-3 lead at the break.
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- Thomas, No. 10 Florida State women beat Duke 69-53 Feb 11
- No. 16 Miami women build early lead in beating Duke 61-53 Feb 7
- No. 3 Notre Dame women beat Duke 68-61 Feb 1
- No. 22 Duke women beat Boston College 71-51 Jan 17
- North Carolina State beats No. 22 Duke women in Durham 65-62 Jan 15
- Defense dominates as Louisville women whip No. 18 Duke 65-48 Jan 10