Duke holds off NC State, stays unbeatenJan 4, 2013 - 3:03 AM Raleigh, NC (Sports Network) - Chelsea Gray scored 20 points and Haley Peters recorded a double-double as No. 3 Duke escaped Reynolds Coliseum with a 67-57 victory over NC State to remain undefeated.
Peters totaled 18 points and 11 rebounds for Duke (12-0, 2-0 ACC), which is off to the fifth-best start in school history.
Kody Burke and Marissa Kastanek paced NC State (8-6, 0-2) with 15 and 12 points, respectively, in the loss.
NC State took its first lead with a 9-0 run late in the first half, but failed to hit a field goal in the final 6 1/2 minutes.
The drought allowed Duke to take a 31-28 lead into the locker room, and while the Blue Devils never trailed in the second half, they didn't pull away until Peters hit a 3-pointer to ignite an 11-3 run that gave the visitors a 61-50 lead with just over two minutes left.
The Wolfpack pulled within two possessions down the stretch, but Duke made enough free throws in the final minute to secure its eighth straight win in Raleigh.
- DUKE: 67
NORTH CAROLINA STATE: 57
Jan 3 9:02 PM
- DUKE: 31
NORTH CAROLINA STATE: 28
Jan 3 7:51 PM
- DUKE: 0
NORTH CAROLINA STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 3 7:06 PM
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- No. 17 Syracuse beats NC State 80-61 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- NC State women beat Boston College 76-60 in ACC Tournament Mar 3
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- No. 12 Florida State women hold off NC State 56-52 Feb 25
- Thomas, No. 10 Florida State women beat Duke 69-53 Feb 11
- No. 16 Miami women build early lead in beating Duke 61-53 Feb 7
- Cable scores 25, No. 3 Notre Dame defeats NC State 82-46 Feb 4