Kentucky sets school record in win over FloridaJan 4, 2013 - 2:38 AM
Jennifer O'Neill and DeNesha Stallworth each netted 17 points and Stallworth pulled down 10 rebounds for the Wildcats (13-1, 1-0 SEC), who also matched a program-best 30th straight home victory.
Jaterra Bonds scored 21 points, January Miller added 17 and Jennifer George logged 14 points and 11 rebounds for Florida (11-4, 0-1), which had won six straight coming in.
George's putback gave Florida its first and only lead, 35-34, with under two minutes left in the first half, but a jumper by Bria Goss and a 3-pointer by Kastine Evans gave the Wildcats a 39-35 edge at the break.
Kentucky opened the second half on a 7-0 run to build a double-digit lead, but the Gators battled back and were within two, 60-58, with six minutes left.
Florida missed its next five shots, and after O'Neill went 1-for-2 at the line, Mathies hit from long range and Stallworth scored inside to push Kentucky's lead to 66-58.
The Wildcats shot 6-of-9 from the foul line in the final minute to secure their longest home winning streak since winning 30 in a row from Feb. 12, 1980 - Jan. 31, 1982.
- FLORIDA: 69
Jan 3 9:15 PM
- FLORIDA: 35
Jan 3 7:58 PM
- FLORIDA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 3 7:07 PM
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky thrashes UNC Asheville 85-31 in NCAA opener Mar 19
- UNC Asheville-Kentucky Preview Mar 18