Strong second half leads Tennessee over GeorgiaJan 6, 2013 - 8:17 PM Tennessee took a 79-66 win over 10th-ranked Georgia on Sunday.
Meighan Simmons scored 16 points with five assists while Jasmine Jones added 12 points, seven rebounds and four assists off the bench for the Lady Volunteers (11-3, 2-0 SEC), who have won four straight.
Jasmine James scored 18 points and Khaalidah Miller added 14 for the Lady Bulldogs (13-2, 1-1), who have dropped two of their last three games.
The Lady Vols trailed by two points, 42-40, to start the second half, but Simmons hit a 3-pointer to give the team the lead a lead they never gave back.
Later in the second half, Miller buried a 3-pointer to cut Georgia's deficit to four, 57-53, but Tennessee scored the next nine points and held at least a 9-point lead the rest of the way.
- GEORGIA: 66
Jan 6 2:53 PM
- GEORGIA: 42
Jan 6 1:52 PM
- GEORGIA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 6 1:07 PM
- Lady Vols sign junior-college forward Cheridene Green May 18
- Guard Taja Cole transferring from Louisville to Georgia May 17
- Lady Vols add Winthrop graduate transfer Schaquilla Nunn May 3
- Warlick wants Lady Vols to have more consistent work ethic Apr 29
- Postseason surge gives Lady Vols reason for optimism Mar 28
- Syracuse women beat Lady Vols 89-67, head to 1st Final Four Mar 28
- Tennessee-Syracuse Preview Mar 26
- Syracuse, Tennessee women set for improbable regional final Mar 26
- Lady Vols' NCAA run continues with 78-62 win over Buckeyes Mar 26
- Tennessee-Ohio St. Preview Mar 24
- Short-handed Ohio St. women without Craft against Lady Vols Mar 24
- Lady Vols reach Sweet 16 after disappointing regular season Mar 23