Thomas guides Maryland over Florida StateJan 6, 2013 - 8:42 PM Maryland a 71-64 win over No. 19 Florida State on Sunday.
Tianna Hawkins had 17 points and nine rebounds while Tierney Pfirman added 12 points, seven boards and four assists for the Terrapins (11-3, 2-1 ACC), who were coming off a loss to North Carolina on Thursday.
Chelsea Davis had 18 points and Alexa Deluzio added 15 points and seven boards for the Seminoles (12-2, 2-1), who had a five-game winning streak snapped.
Maryland led this game from start to finish as the team scored the first six points of the game and added an 11-0 run later in the first half to take a 40-24 advantage into the locker room.
The Terrapins continued to stay in front in the second half, but a Natasha Howard layup with 1:42 to play got the Seminoles within three, 66-63.
Katie Rutan, though, countered with a 3-pointer for Maryland and Hawkins followed with a layup to put the game away.
- FLORIDA STATE: 64
Jan 6 3:24 PM
- FLORIDA STATE: 24
Jan 6 2:21 PM
- FLORIDA STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 6 1:38 PM
- Illinois center Chatrice White transfers to Florida State May 14
- Baylor women in 3rd straight Elite 8 with 78-58 win over FSU Mar 26
- Florida St.-Baylor Preview Mar 25
- Baylor women in usual place; Seminoles are stepping up Mar 25
- Florida State women look to make good on president's pick Mar 24
- Bulgak's 18 points lead Florida St. to 74-56 win over A&M Mar 21
- Plum scores 32 as Washington stuns Maryland Mar 21
- Florida St.-Texas A&M Preview Mar 20
- Texas A&M's Howard and FSU's Thomas key in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Washington-Maryland Preview Mar 20
- Maryland, Washington: Opposites attract in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Romero scores 17, leads Florida St past Middle Tennessee St Mar 19