No. 4 Duke crushes Virginia TechJan 17, 2013 - 2:46 AM Durham, NC (Sports Network) - Elizabeth Williams scored a game-high 20 points to go with eight rebounds as fourth-ranked Duke rolled past Virginia Tech, 58-26, on Wednesday.
Chelsea Gray added 12 points and seven steals and Haley Peters finished with five points and 10 rebounds for the Blue Devils (16-0, 6-0 ACC), who will take on No. 3 Connecticut on Monday.
Monet Tellier scored 10 points and Alyssa Fenyn added six points off the bench for the Hokies (7-10, 1-5), who have dropped five straight.
Virginia Tech was able to stay within arm's reach early on, trailing 16-12 with just under nine minutes left in the first half, but a pair of Williams free throws sparked a 13-0 run and Duke led 29-12 at the break.
The Blue Devils continued to pour it on in the early goings of the second stanza, using a 15-2 burst to go up 44-14 with just over 15 1/2 minutes left.
The lead swelled to as many as 35 for the Blue Devils, who forced 27 Hokies' turnovers and held Tech to just 26.7 percent (12-for-45) shooting from the field.
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- Virginia Tech hires James Madison's Brooks as women's coach Mar 28
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- BC beats Virginia Tech 49-37 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- Hof leads No. 18 Miami women to 67-56 OT win over Va Tech Feb 21
- Thomas, No. 10 Florida State women beat Duke 69-53 Feb 11
- No. 16 Miami women build early lead in beating Duke 61-53 Feb 7
- No. 3 Notre Dame women beat Duke 68-61 Feb 1