Liston guides Duke over ClemsonJan 25, 2013 - 3:11 AM Clemson, SC (Sports Network) - Tricia Liston scored 22 points to help No. 4 Duke to a 60-46 win over Clemson on Thursday.
Elizabeth Williams scored 12 points with 13 rebounds while Chelsea Gray added nine points, nine steals and six rebounds for the Blue Devils (17-1, 7-0 ACC), who bounced back from Monday's loss to Connecticut.
Nikki Dixon scored 17 points while Kelly Gramlich added 14 points for the Tigers (5-13, 1-6), who have dropped six of their last seven.
The game stayed tight for the first 10 minutes of the opening half, but a 9-0 run from Duke saw the team go up by seven. Clemson answered and the game was tied at 22-all after the first 20 minutes.
It stayed close through the first nine minutes of the second half, but Liston's jumper gave Duke the lead and the team scored the next six points for a 36-29 advantage with 8 1/2 minutes to play.
Still holding a five-point lead, the Blue Devils put the contest away with a 9-0 run as Haley Peters capped the burst with a pair of free throws for a 49-35 advantage with just under four minutes to play.
- DUKE: 60
Jan 24 8:59 PM
- DUKE: 22
Jan 24 7:53 PM
- DUKE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 24 7:09 PM
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- Wake Forest beats Clemson 73-58 in ACC women's tourney Mar 2
- No. 2 Notre Dame grabs share of ACC title with 71-52 win Feb 25
- Thomas, No. 10 Florida State women beat Duke 69-53 Feb 11
- Thomas, Bingley lead No. 10 Florida State past Clemson Feb 7
- No. 16 Miami women build early lead in beating Duke 61-53 Feb 7
- No. 3 Notre Dame women beat Duke 68-61 Feb 1