Cal holds off ColoradoJan 26, 2013 - 7:11 AM Berkeley, CA (Sports Network) - Gennifer Brandon had 13 points and 11 rebounds, as seventh-ranked California held off No. 20 Colorado, 59-56, Friday night.
Layshia Clarendon also had 13 points, while Brittany Boyd scored 10 for the Golden Bears (16-2, 6-1 Pac-12), who rallied from a 16-point first-half deficit.
Brittany Wilson had 11 points and Chucky Jeffery added 10 for the Buffaloes (15-3, 4-3), who had won four in a row.
Arielle Roberson missed a pair of potential tying shots in the final two minutes for Colorado with one of the shots blocked by Brandon. Clarendon hit one free throw with 15 seconds remaining for a three-point edge. Wilson's desperation attempt from the left corner missed at the end.
- COLORADO: 56
Jan 26 1:04 AM
- COLORADO: 32
Jan 25 11:54 PM
- COLORADO: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 25 11:07 PM
- Colorado hires JR Payne as women's basketball coach Mar 28
- Colorado women's coach Linda Lappe resigns Mar 7
- Canada leads No. 12 UCLA past California 73-67 in OT Mar 6
- California stuns No. 10 Arizona St 75-64 in Pac-12 quarters Mar 4
- Washington women beat Colorado 67-51 in Pac-12 tourney Mar 4
- California tops Utah in overtime 66-63 to advance in Pac-12 Mar 3
- No. 7 Oregon State women clinch share of Pac-12 title Feb 28
- McPhee leads No. 15 Stanford women past Colorado 80-49 Feb 20
- Weisner leads No. 8 Oregon State women past Colorado, 73-50 Feb 13
- Hempen leads No. 9 Arizona State women past California Feb 13
- Payton leads Oregon State past Colorado 60-56 Feb 6
- Balance lifts No. 25 Stanford women over California 60-55 Feb 6