Duke eases past Boston CollegeJan 27, 2013 - 8:59 PM Duke cruised past Boston College, 80-56, on Sunday.
Chelsea Gray added 12 points, six rebounds and four steals, while Chloe Wells shot a perfect 5-for-5 in scoring 13 points for the Blue Devils (18-1, 8-0 ACC), who have won back-to-back games off a loss to Connecticut.
Tricia Liston poured in 12 points off the bench and Elizabeth Williams contributed 10 points, seven rebounds and five assists in the win.
Kristen Doherty finished with 14 points and Kerri Shields followed with 13, but the Eagles (8-11) shot just 30.4 percent in their fourth straight setback.
The contest was close midway through the first half, but the Blue Devils created double-digit separation by halftime.
After Shields buried a triple to bring the Eagles within four at 21-17, the Blue Devils ran off nine unanswered points to grab a 13-point lead with 8:07 to play.
Soon after, Wells and Liston went back-to-back from 3-point-range to give Duke a 39-24 advantage and they went into the locker room with a comfortable 49-33 cushion.
Peters began the second half with a pair of scores to give the Blue Devils a 20-point lead and the Eagles never came any closer in shooting just 24.1 percent over the final 20 minutes.
- BOSTON COLLEGE: 56
Jan 27 2:54 PM
- BOSTON COLLEGE: 33
Jan 27 1:50 PM
- BOSTON COLLEGE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 27 1:06 PM
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- NC State women beat Boston College 76-60 in ACC Tournament Mar 3
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- BC beats Virginia Tech 49-37 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- No. 2 Notre Dame tops Boston College women 70-58 Feb 27
- Butler leads No. 18 Syracuse women past Boston College 71-55 Feb 25
- Hines-Allen leads No. 11 Louisville women past BC 55-45 Feb 21
- Thomas, No. 10 Florida State women beat Duke 69-53 Feb 11