No. 5 Kentucky holds off LSUJan 27, 2013 - 11:10 PM
Samarie Walker had 10 points and 13 rebounds, while A'dia Mathies scored 15 points for the Wildcats (19-2, 7-1 SEC), who bounced back from a loss to No. 18 South Carolina on Thursday.
Theresa Plaisance registered 19 points and eight rebounds and Adrienne Webb added 18 points for the Lady Tigers (12-8, 3-4), who have lost four of their last six games.
After the teams traded blows for much of the first half, Kentucky finally distanced itself late in the frame. With 26 seconds left in the first half and the game tied at 26, Bishop buried a 3-pointer, and then added a tip-in with 11 seconds left to send the Wildcats into the break with a 31-26 edge.
Kentucky maintained its advantage throughout the second half, as the Wildcats shot an efficient 50 percent from the field, while limiting LSU to 30.8 percent from the floor, including 1-for-8 from three-point range to hang on for the victory.
- LSU: 60
Jan 27 5:14 PM
- LSU: 26
Jan 27 4:07 PM
- LSU: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 27 3:08 PM
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky thrashes UNC Asheville 85-31 in NCAA opener Mar 19
- UNC Asheville-Kentucky Preview Mar 18