Duke women erupt in second half to rout MiamiFeb 1, 2013 - 2:22 AM Durham, NC (Sports Network) - Tricia Liston scored 17 points and helped spark a huge second-half run that propelled No. 5 Duke to an 82-43 victory over Miami-Florida in an ACC clash from Cameron Indoor Stadium.
The Blue Devils (19-1, 9-0 ACC) trailed 33-31 two minutes into the final period before putting forth a 20-0 tear to break the game open. Liston and Chelsea Gray each netted six points during the pivotal surge.
Gray finished with 16 points and Elizabeth Williams had 12 -- 11 of which came after halftime -- to help Duke remain unbeaten in ACC play. Alexis Jones tallied a double-double for the Blue Devils, accumulating 10 points and 10 rebounds.
Miami (14-7, 5-5) recorded the contest's first eight points and entered the break tied at 29-29, but fell completely apart after intermission. The Hurricanes shot a woeful 16.7 percent (5-of-30) in being outscored by a 53-14 margin for the second half, and 12 of their 22 turnovers came over the final 18 minutes.
Krystal Saunders knocked down five shots from 3-point range and led the Hurricanes with 15 points, but all of them came prior to the half.
Miami never got closer than 16 points down following Duke's massive run, with the Blue Devils going on a 20-3 spurt over the final 8 1/2 minutes to put the finishing touches on the rout.
- MIAMI: 43
Jan 31 8:49 PM
- MIAMI: 29
Jan 31 7:43 PM
- MIAMI: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 31 7:08 PM
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- No. 12 South Dakota State stuns fifth-seeded Miami 74-71 Mar 19
- S. Dakota St.-Miami Preview Mar 18
- No. 2 Notre Dame beats No. 21 Miami 78-67 in ACC semifinals Mar 5
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- Thomas leads No. 21 Miami women past No. 14 FSU 74-56 Mar 4
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- Motley, Hayes lead No. 21 Miami women past Pitt 77-55 Mar 3
- Romero lifts No. 12 FSU women past No. 17 Miami 70-67 Feb 28