No. 10 Kentucky rallies for OT win over ArkansasFeb 8, 2013 - 4:26 AM Fayetteville, AR (Sports Network) - Bria Goss scored all but one of her 17 points during the second half and overtime, sparking a Kentucky comeback that gave the No. 10 Wildcats a hard-fought 80-74 win over Arkansas in SEC action from Walton Arena.
Six of Goss' total came during the extra session, with three other Wildcats ending in double figures as Kentucky (20-3, 8-2 SEC) bounced back from Sunday's 75-71 home loss to No. 9 Georgia.
Samarie Walker contributed 16 points to the victory, while A'dia Mathies had 15 along with nine rebounds and DeNesha Stallworth netted 12 points.
Arkansas (15-8, 3-7) was dealt a second straight defeat despite 25 points off the bench from Sarah Watkins and an 18-point, eight-rebound effort from Quistelle Williams. Dominique Wilson added 17 points in a losing cause.
Kentucky trailed 33-28 at the half and faced an eight-point deficit after Watkins buried a 3-pointer with 8:11 left in regulation for a 56-48 Arkansas lead. The Wildcats then went on a 14-5 run, capped by a Mathies jumper that put UK up 62-61 with 1:11 to go in the second half.
A three-point play from Williams staked the Razorbacks to a two-point edge with under a minute left, but Mathies scored with 26 seconds to go to force overtime.
The Wildcats then assumed control during additional time, opening the OT period with a 9-2 run to take a 73-66 lead. Arkansas never got closer than four points down the rest of the way.
- KENTUCKY: 80
Final - OT
Feb 7 10:19 PM
- KENTUCKY: 64
End of Regulation
Feb 7 10:01 PM
- KENTUCKY: 28
Feb 7 8:50 PM
- KENTUCKY: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 7 8:05 PM
- Kentucky's Mitchell dispels notion of scandal in open letter May 13
- Jennings becomes seventh player to transfer from Kentucky May 4
- Kentucky's mass exit: 6 players have left program since fall Apr 27
- Kentucky grants forward Batouly Camara release from program Apr 25
- Washington women beat Kentucky 85-72 to reach regional final Mar 25
- Washington-Kentucky Preview Mar 24
- Kentucky's Epps expecting to play against Washington Mar 24
- Kentucky pulls away from Oklahoma 79-58 in NCAA second round Mar 21
- Oklahoma-Kentucky Preview Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky, No. 6 Oklahoma aim to keep up the good work Mar 20
- No. 3 Kentucky thrashes UNC Asheville 85-31 in NCAA opener Mar 19
- UNC Asheville-Kentucky Preview Mar 18