Gray guides Duke over MarylandFeb 12, 2013 - 3:07 AM
Tricia Liston gave 17 points and six rebounds while Elizabeth Williams added 16 points and 10 boards for the Blue Devils (22-1, 12-0 ACC), who have won six straight since losing to Connecticut on Jan. 21.
Alyssa Thomas had 14 points with 12 rebounds and Katie Rutan added 14 points for the Terrapins (19-4, 10-2), who had a nine-game winning streak snapped.
After the score was tied early, the Blue Devils scored six straight points to take a lead they never gave back for the rest of the first half.
A 7-0 run later in the half gave Duke its first double-digit lead of the night, but the Terrapins were able to use a 6-0 run later on to trail by just three, 31-28, after the first 20 minutes.
A Rutan 3-pointer two minutes into the second half tied the game at 33-33, but Gray answered with a 3-pointer of her own.
Chloe Pavlech put in a 3-pointer with just under 11 minutes to play that gave Maryland a 44-42 lead, but Gray again countered with a 3-ball to spark a 9-0 Duke run that Williams capped with a layup for a 51-44 lead with under seven minutes left.
Maryland got back within five after Tianna Hawkins put in a layup with five minutes to go, but Duke put the contest away by scoring the next eight points.
- MARYLAND: 56
Feb 11 9:00 PM
- MARYLAND: 28
Feb 11 7:51 PM
- MARYLAND: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 11 7:03 PM
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- Plum scores 32 as Washington stuns Maryland Mar 21
- Washington-Maryland Preview Mar 20
- Maryland, Washington: Opposites attract in 2nd round matchup Mar 20
- Maryland spoils Iona debut in NCAA Tournament with 74-58 win Mar 19
- Iona-Maryland Preview Mar 18
- In season of change, Maryland returns to NCAAs as No. 2 seed Mar 16
- No. 5 Maryland women top Northwestern 83-62 Mar 5
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4