Duke hammers Virginia Tech againFeb 15, 2013 - 2:37 AM Blacksburg, VA (Sports Network) - Haley Peters and Elizabeth Williams each scored 25 points, as No. 5 Duke led wire-to-wire in a 77-33 rout over Virginia Tech.
The Blue Devils (23-1, 13-0 ACC) held the Hokies to a school-record low 26 points in Durham last month and again imposed their will on their overmatched conference foe en route to the team's seventh straight victory.
Virginia Tech (8-16, 2-11) shot just 27.8 percent from the field and dropped its 19th straight meeting versus Duke. Alyssa Fenyn had a team-high seven points in the loss.
Peters, who also pulled down 10 rebounds, opened the game on a personal 8-0 run behind a pair of 3-pointers and a jumper off an offensive rebound on Duke's first three possessions.
Williams took over from there, going 5-for-5 from the field and 4-for-4 from the foul line in the first half to match Virginia Tech's entire point total in the first 20 minutes.
The Blue Devils held a 40-14 lead at the break, scored the first eight points of the second half and cruised from there.
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- Virginia Tech hires James Madison's Brooks as women's coach Mar 28
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- BC beats Virginia Tech 49-37 in ACC women's tournament Mar 2
- Hof leads No. 18 Miami women to 67-56 OT win over Va Tech Feb 21
- Thomas, No. 10 Florida State women beat Duke 69-53 Feb 11
- No. 16 Miami women build early lead in beating Duke 61-53 Feb 7
- No. 3 Notre Dame women beat Duke 68-61 Feb 1