No. 5 Duke holds off Wake ForestFeb 17, 2013 - 11:28 PM Durham, NC (Sports Network) - Tricia Liston poured in a game-high 29 points and pulled down nine rebounds to lead fifth-ranked Duke to an 81-70 win over Wake Forest on Sunday.
Haley Peters added 13 points and 12 rebounds and Elizabeth Williams chipped in with 11 points for the Blue Devils (24-1, 14-0 ACC), winners in eight straight.
Duke guard Chelsea Gray left the game in the first half with a right knee injury.
"We will find out after the MRI. It's been dislocated and team doctors can't see right now whether there is any ligament damage," Duke coach Joanne P. McCallie said. "We do know she will be out for the rest of the regular season regardless of what the MRI shows. The best thing we can hope for is a dislocation, which would allow her to be back by a defined period of time."
Chelsea Douglas poured in 24 points, Lakevia Boykin scored 17 and Sandra Garcia finished with 10 points and 10 rebounds for the Demon Deacons (11-14, 4-10), losers in seven of their last eight tilts.
Boykin's 3-pointer with 3:25 left tied the game at 67-67, but Duke scored seven straight points to go up 74-67 with 1:48 remaining.
Boykin then canned another trey to make it a four-point game with 1:25 showing on the game clock, but Duke closed the game on a 7-0 run to seal the win.
Wake Forest opened the game on a 15-4 run, but the Blue Devils countered with a 17-3 burst to go up 21-18 at the midway point of the first half.
Garcia's layup tied the game at 22, but Duke outscored the Demon Deacons, 15-6 to take a 37-28 lead into the break.
- WAKE FOREST: 70
Feb 17 5:02 PM
- WAKE FOREST: 28
Feb 17 3:55 PM
- WAKE FOREST: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 17 3:08 PM
- Duke: Investigation over, McCallie to remain women's coach May 8
- Duke women's basketball adds transfer from Wagner May 3
- Duke: Human resources reviewing women's basketball program Apr 12
- Stevens, Salvadores leaving Duke women's basketball team Apr 1
- No. 2 Notre Dame women beat Duke 83-54 in ACC quarterfinals Mar 4
- Georgia Tech women edge Wake Forest 67-65 in ACC Mar 3
- Chidom helps Duke women edge Virginia 57-53 Mar 3
- Wake Forest beats Clemson 73-58 in ACC women's tourney Mar 2
- Turner's double-double leads No. 2 Irish past Wake Forest Feb 18
- Thomas, No. 10 Florida State women beat Duke 69-53 Feb 11
- No. 16 Miami women build early lead in beating Duke 61-53 Feb 7
- No. 3 Notre Dame women beat Duke 68-61 Feb 1